Here is one of those recipes when you need to just get some food in your belly fast, or when you reach for that menu and make to know that you should not. This recipe takes about 20 minutes in total and a delicious taste. I served on cauliflower riced but you can use the actual rice if you are not Paleo.
Thai Beef with Basil Recipe
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (I used grassfed)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups of julienned carrots (I bought the pre-sliced ones in a bag)
- 3 cups of basil, divided
- 2 red chiles, thinly sliced, seeds removed if you don’t like too much kick, divided
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- cauliflower rice or regular steamed rice
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt. Saute onions until transparent. Add garlic and 1/2 red pepper, cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and break the meat with a wooden spoon. Brown meat for about 8 minutes, allowing the meat to CRISP in some places. Add broth and 2 cups basil and mix for about 2 minutes until basil wilts.
- While the meat is cooking, add the carrots, juice 1 tablespoon lime soup, Chile remains red, 1 cup basil and olive oil in a bowl. Mix everything.
- In a small bowl, mix together the amino acids of coconut, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fish sauce and honey.
- Top cauliflower with beef mixture, then a carrot salad, and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon sauce soup mixture over top.