I am so excited to try my own recipe “sushi”. Instead of using the envelopes of traditional sushi, I had planned to use the peeled cucumber into thin slices with a vegetable peeler.
After getting all my ingredients assembled and ready to conclude, I started with the coat. A quarter of the way through, though, I can to achieve it was too much work. Especially I would be able to go down a whole batch of rolls in a 1/100 of the time it would take me to do them.
And, to be honest, I probably would not go through the hassle of doing it again if these rolls must therefore much work. I did not want not to give anyone the wrong impression that I would be posting the recipe.
So … to make life easier, I cut the cucumber and added to making mash- and my “Deconstructed Sushi Rolls.”
But to keep a little of the factor ‘fancy’ I picked these up in “sushi balls” with an ice cream scoop .
Paleo Deconstructed Sushi Rolls
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of salmon, drained of excess liquid
- 1 Avocado, mashed
- 1 cup raw cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp dried ground ginger
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- Shredded carrot
- Combine all ingredients (except carrot) in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Use an ice cream scooper to plop into balls.
- Top with shredded carrot for a garnish, if desired.