Tomato soups, especially the likes of this Paleo Chicken Tomato Soup Recipe, are few of the reasons we kept going back to grandma’s house. These smooth and creamy concoctions of tomatoes, cream, and chicken stocks are one of the best comfort foods in the world around from Poland to United States to Spain to Portugal. The pleasant and luscious delight came in the United States during the 1800s, has since become a staple of American diet. Forget the canned variety, this Paleo Chicken Tomato Soup Recipe will sure warm your tummies this holiday season.
PALEO CHICKEN TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
- 3 lbs. tomatoes, cored and halved
- 2 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- Sea sail and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, spread the tomatoes and assemble garlic and chopped basil on top. Drizzle coconut oil over them and then bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, stir once and then continue baking.
- Carefully transfer vegetables into the slow cooker and pour chicken stock. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours, until the tomatoes soften.
- With a blender, puree the soup. Bring back pureed soup into the slow cooker and add coconut milk and chicken.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper to taste and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately while still warm.