|Pineapple “Crust” Hawaiian Pizza (Grain-Free)|
As I mentioned earlier, I have an aversion reaction to the enzymes in fresh pineapple. Namely, I feel a burning sensation in my mouth and my lips swell. Not pretty.
But when cooked, I have no reaction (unless I chow down an indecent amount of pineapple).
So, when working with pineapple, I used to use the outer sides of the pineapple (less enzymes are concentrated here) or cook.
To start the unofficial start of the summer, I post a recipe for Hawaiian Pizza. But instead of taking the lead with pineapple, I am using the (cooked) pineapple crust!
Pineapple “Crust” Hawaiian Pizza (Grain-Free)
- Pineapple slices (sliced thinly)
- Marinara/pizza sauce
- Bell pepper (any color), chopped
- Precooked ham, chopped
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pineapple slices on a baking pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out, spread on a thin layer of sauce, followed by bell pepper, ham, mozzarella, and cilantro. Put back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool for at least another 10 minutes before eating.