Who does not like hot chocolate? It brings out the child in all of us when it’s done: creamy, chocolate, warm goodness. So call a friend and ask them to share a hot cup of this Easy Paleo Hot Cocoa.
There is much to say for a cup of hot chocolate at the right time. And now with this Paleo version of hot chocolate, you can relive all those special moments and hot chocolate to know that you are a healthier lifestyle at the same time. This Easy Paleo Hot Cocoa may be simple, but it has all the flavor and creaminess you expect in a cup of hot chocolate.
Enjoy the warm, rich, chocolatey goodness of this Pale simple hot cocoa.
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder plus extra for dusting
- whipped coconut cream, to serve (optional)
- Whisk together the cacao powder, cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of milk in a small saucepan.
- Whisk in the rest of milk and honey.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally.
- To serve, pour into mugs, top with a large dollop of the whipped coconut cream (if using) and dust with cocoa powder.
You can use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of raw cacao powder.