This delicious Paleo recipe meat is low in fat, high in protein and rich in nutritious vegetables and herbs. Beef and Vegetable Stir-fries are the cornerstone of meals for many people on a Paleo diet and are the quickest way I know to prepare a delicious, filling and nutritious meals. A family favorite!
Stir-Fry:• 1 kg/2 pounds prime beef mince
• 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 large carrots, finely chopped
• 1 orange capsicum, cubed
• 2 cups white button mushrooms, sliced
• 6 tomatoes, chopped into small cubes
• 2 long red chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
• 1 handful fresh oregano, finely chopped
• 1 handful fresh basil, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Optional: Add onion and crushed garlic.
• 1 cauliflower, grated
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Cracked black pepper (as desired)
1. Place a small pot of water on to boil. Once boiling, add in the sliced carrots, place the lid on and cook for 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove from heat and drain the water from the pot.
2. While the carrots are cooking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan and then add in the beef mince. Fry, stirring often, until the mince is all broken up and lightly browned. Turn off heat and set the browned mince aside in a bowl.
3. Put your empty fry pan back onto heat and add in another tablespoon of olive oil. Add ginger, basil, oregano, paprika, sliced chilies and cubed tomatoes to the pan (plus onion and garlic if you desire). Stir together and cook for about 2 minutes, allowing the herbs to release their aroma and the tomatoes to soften.
4. Add carrots, capsicum and mushrooms to the pan. In you need to, you can add in a little more olive oil at this stage. Fry for 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Stir often.
5. Once the vegetables are cooked, turn the heat down to med-low and gradually add the beef mince back into the pan, making sure it is well mixed in with the vegetables and herbs.
6. Once all of the beef is mixed in, cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often and making sure the mix isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pan.
7. During this time, heat another fry pan or wok with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add in your grated cauliflower. Crack black pepper into the pan and mix in with the cauliflower.
8. Cook cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring often. Once very lightly browned, remove from heat.
9. Serve your beef & vegetable stir-fry over a bed of cauliflower rice