Raise your hand if you like the joke ?? I do! You get ready for Thanksgiving? I am not! I will be on a Caribbean cruise 🙂 For this I am grateful. I’m sure the cruise ship will have some type of Thanksgiving Day fare available for us Americans. For ya’ll at home, I created an easy way to enjoy a healthy alternative to the Stove Top Stuffing shit my youth.
This recipe actually uses a mix of packaged product Savory hemp and flaxseed. Normally I do not want to cook with packaged products. But since it included all the things I was going to put in my muffins anyway, I decided to use it.The ingredients are basically hemp, flax, rosemary, garlic, salt and parsley. If you can not find this product, you can substitute 2 tablespoons flax seeds and add your spices to taste.
I also used my homemade apple sauce (6 chopped apples + 1/2 C water + 1 tablespoon cinnamon cook on low heat for 8 hours) as a binder. I always do a jackpot and keep in the freezer in case I need when inspiration strikes :))
These stuffing muffins are delicious as a side dish or a healthy snack.
- 2 TBSP Savory Hemp/Flax Blend
- 2 TBSP Water
- 1 C Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 slices Gluten Free Bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray Muffin Tin June 1 with non-stick coating
- Rip it bread into bite
- Add flax, applesauce, water and fennel
- Stir until smooth
- Pour into muffin pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm
- I you do not have a hemp / linen mix, just use 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and add spices to taste.