Father’s Day Paleo Breakfast: Show your love for dad this Father’s Day with a healthy twist on eggs benny.
If you’re looking for another way to spoil your special man this Father’s Day 2016, then why not start his morning off right by dishing up the most important meal of the day — breakfast. Lorna Jane’s healthy twist on eggs benedict isn’t your standard breakfast-in-bed dish, it’s paleo, delish and set to impress.
From coconut flour and almond meal-based muffins to a healthy, dairy-free hollandaise sauce, this one is sure to brighten up his day and yours.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal (blanched)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs rice syrup
- 2 tbs pepitas (high in zinc so great for men!)
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 bunch of asparagus blanched in boiling water 2 minutes
- 200 grams of baby spinach sautéed in 1 tsp olive oil
- Pepitas for garnish
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¾ cup water
- Juice of a lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp savoury yeast flakes
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. In a blender combine all ingredients except pepitas and blend until smooth. Stir through pepitas.
- Heat coconut oil in non stick pan and place 6 egg rings in pan. Pour batter into egg rings and fry on both sides 2 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 10 minutes until firm to touch.