Do you like nuts? If you do, you’ll love these paleo nut bars! Since the beginning of the Paleo diet, I’m always looking for good healthy snack options that are easy to make. I would just go to the health food store and pick up a paleo snack bar take with me on the road, but no. So instead, I put together this simple recipe for paleo nuts bars.
Paleo Nut Bar Recipe
- Prep 20 mins
- Serves 6
- Cook 59 mins
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Pre heat the oven on bake at 160C or 320F
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the walnuts, pecan nuts and the almonds all on the tray and spread them out.
- Place them in the oven to roast for 5 minutes.
- Take the nuts out of the oven and place them in a food processor and whiz.
- Place the nut mixture whistled in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place a pot on the stove and melt the coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted add the almond butter and honey, stir for a few minutes until smooth and liquid consistency.
- For the mixing bowl with the grated coconut and almond meal, and the molten mixture from the pan and stir.
- Now add the berries to the mixing bowl and mix them in.
- Line a baking paper plate and place the mixture evenly over it and press down to smooth and flatten.
- Located in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars & enjoy with amazing paleo snack.
How to Store the Paleo nuts Bars
After they come out of the oven, you have to let the bars cool, in order for them to harden up. For me, once they have reached room temperature, they were still fall apart a bit. I wanted them to be hard and crunchy, so I put them in the fridge and left there until I’m ready to eat.
You can also keep them in the freezer and move it to the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
- Use a butter knife to cut the bars and gently pull them out of the cooking stove.
- Store them on a plate or a certain type of food because they tend to stick to paper, making it more difficult to remove when you are ready to eat them.