A great dish to make a family dinner, especially on a cold winter night!
Paleo Cottage Pie Recipe
You will Need…
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- The meat layer
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- The top layer
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp salted herbs
- 227g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp Old Fasioned Dijon mustard
- 1 large sweet potato
- The middle layer
- 5-6 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp ghee, melted
- 750g grass-fed ground beef
- Start by Spiralizer strands of zucchini and place in a colander; add a Ts of salt and mix well. Set your colander in the sink or a large bowl (make sure it is high for zucchini not come into contact with water that will be released) and place a robust plate zucchini comfortably. Add weight during this dish and allow the deck to rest for about 30 minutes until the zucchini has published all its water.
- With the help of a mandolin, cut the sweet potato as thinly as possible and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190.5 ° C (375 F)
- Melt some fat cooking in a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery, sprinkle lightly with salt and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2-3 min … Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with a little salt and continue cooking until they get all soft brown golden, about 5 minutes …
- Remove the vegetables on a plate, place the item back on the heat source, turn the heat to high and add the ground meat. Break the meat into small pieces, sprinkle with a little salt and cook until the meat turns dark brown and begins to be crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
- When the meat cooked to your taste, add the salt herbs (omit if you do not own, but be sure to adjust the salinity), Dijon mustard, paprika, oregano, pepper, cayenne pepper and water. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the liquid has evaporated completely. Add the vegetables to the pan and mix well.
- Transfer the meat to a baking dish, then arrange zucchini Spiralized more meat, followed by slices of sweet potato. Pour the melted butter into the potatoes, cover with foil and bake in the oven at 375F for 55-60 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the film and grill for 3-5 minutes until golden brown potatoes a little and give them a nice golden color…
- Remove from oven, then let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.