|Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash|
I’ve written before about how much I want food for breakfast, and they are usually savory, apart from the occasional pancakes. It seems to me that the delicious breakfast kept me fuller longer. They are more nutritious than fluffy pancakes or waffles. This sweet potato hash with sausage, caramelized onions, and eggs, is a great way to start the day off right.
Breakfast Hash has quickly become a recipe that I enjoy making. It is flexible, based on ingredients that happen to have on hand and can be made ahead of time. Taking the time in the morning to chop up and roast potatoes, not to mention caramelize onions before I eat something, it’s probably not going to happen. This hash when it is before us, it can be easily heated in the oven with some cracking eggs into the skillet breakfast ready in 15 minutes.
For the initial hash time, you can use your multitasking skills. Instead of just using sautéed onions for the dish, I decided to caramelize treat them as my boyfriend, caramelized onions lists as a favorite food. Since the onions take at least 30 minutes, can brown the sausages on the stove at the same time, as well as skin and you chop up the sweet potato. You then toss everything together in a large bowl before spreading out on a baking sheet to the oven. The sweet potatoes get a nice crispiness and baking with the sausage and onions.
Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 1/2 tbsp ghee
• 2 Italian sausages diced
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 3 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sweet with parchment paper. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes, until dark brown and caramelized.
2. Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-size pieces. Put into a large bowl with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary.
3. In a separate skillet, cook the sausage until browned. Add the cooked onions and sausage in the bowl with the sweet potatoes and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread out the sweet potato mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet. There Roast for 30-35 minutes until soft and browned potatoes. Have refrigerate overnight at this point or proceed to the next step.
5. Add the sweet potato hash in a cast iron skillet and put three small wells to crack the eggs into. Eggs into the skillet and season lightly with salt Crack and pepper. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 425 degrees F until the eggs are set.