Cooling fruit soups are popular in Eastern Europe and Scandinavian cuisines. Get the ripest fruit you can find for this m??lange of strawberries, cantaloupe, lime, mint and ginger.
Strawberry-Cantaloupe Soup With Lime and Mint Recipe
Cook Time: 30-60 min
- 4 cups cubed ripe cantaloupe
- One and one-half cups ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- One-half cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- Sliced strawberries and mint leaves (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, combine cantaloupe, strawberries, orange juice, wine, lime juice and ginger. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl or container. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, stir snipped mint into soup. Divide soup among serving bowls. If desired, garnish with sliced strawberries and mint leaves.
Main Ingredients: strawberries, cantaloup, orange juice
More Info: Low Fat