Today we present the chocolate chip cookies that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free, and always delicious. I really enjoying coming up with new cooking concoctions for the Paleo diet, so I thought it was time that I try to do the classic chocolate chip cookie. I made similar bars there a while, but like the way the witnesses proved even better. I could not stop eating these when they were warm from the oven, with a little almond milk served alongside for dipping. They are beyond delicious.
Because of the addictive nature of these cookies, I recommend making a little smaller in shape. They are also easier to manage when Downsized a little. But the dough is perfectly adaptable to a larger, flat cookie if you are going for. Big or small, you can choose to take the time to shape the dough into flat circles or just plop right on the hob; it depends on whether you care about the look or just the taste of the final result. They will not change shape much once they go into the oven. They taste amazing, no matter how you train them.
We have received some questions about where to find dark chocolate chips because dark chocolate is more Paleo-friendly than chocolate milk. I found a great option for Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips. If you are looking for something more accessible, which can be found in the local grocery store, just buy a bar of dark chocolate and cut into pieces. This would make these Chocolate Chunk cookies instead of chocolate chip cookies, I suppose, but I’m sure they all taste as good.
If cookies survive long enough to transfer to a gate, which means if you do not eat all of them, then just a word of advice to take care during the transfer. Cookies will be soft when removed from the oven, and firm up a few minutes after cooling.
For cookies that have survived the first session snack right out of the oven, I have them stored in a sealable bag and kept them in the refrigerator. They make a real quick treat after lunch or dinner. I remained completely without guilt after indulging in a delicious chocolate chip cookie, and it is certainly enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and almond milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheet and form into a circle. Bake for 8-12 minutes until the bottoms are golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Servings: 10 cookies
- Difficulty: Medium