This one-pot-wonder Pulled Chicken Wraps dish has a subtle spicy kick and works perfectly with the crunchy freshness of the lettuce wraps.
Good things come to those who wait. Cook slow and low for meltingly tender chicken to warm the heart and soul for a cozy evening. This one-pot-wonder Pulled Chicken Wraps dish has a subtle spicy kick and works perfectly with the crunchy freshness of the lettuce wraps. Serve on big lettuce leaves or mix with vegetables and enjoy the hands-on foodie experience.
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red onions
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- Extras; Crunchy lettuce leaves. A side salad or grated veg such as carrots and red cabbage. Lime.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into chunks.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, honey, basil, chilli, whole cloves and water to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve use two forks to shred the chicken. Stir all the veggies, spices and juices into the chicken until fully combined.
- Serve with lettuce, other preferred vegetables and a squeeze of the lime juice.