Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. There is nothing better than waking up on a Sunday morning, lying in bed for a while, and then slowly drag you into the kitchen to whip up a nice and elaborate meals.
The great thing about these stuffed peppers is that I felt like I treated myself to a great meal, but the amount of effort I put in was pretty much as I put into a batch of eggs scrambled.
These peppers are stuffed with delicious food from breakfast time and make sure you get an integrated vegetable to your morning meal. Enjoy mushrooms, eggs and broccoli that you begin to realize that this will be one of your best days yet!
I never get tired of eggs. I could eat scrambled, fried, poached, all day and I still would not tired of them. Although sometimes I have to put a bit.
I got myself stuck in a rut where I can not decide what I want for breakfast with Eggs Stuffed Pepper Recipe, so I just threw a bunch of eggs and vegetables in a pan and scramble together. Make no mistake, there is nothing wrong with waking up to a nice scramble egg and vegetables, but I thought I should get out of my comfort zone and try to use my oven instead of my cook for once.
What is beautiful in this recipe is that I am able to use all the same ingredients that I use when I jam everything together. There is really no limit on what you can stuff your peppers – vegetables or meat that you have lying around in your refrigerator would be a great addition to these small bowls pepper. I always mushrooms and broccoli on hand, so I chose these two ingredients.
They are full of protein and vitamins, and are particularly rich in iron, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and vitamin C, if you choose to add all the same ingredients as I did. They continued to me going until the end of the afternoon – I almost forgot to lunch because I was always so full of my breakfast! In addition, they are an easy way to make an impressive breakfast that looks as if you spent a lot of time slaving away in the kitchen. These have definitely moved up my breakfast in the bed list (Shh, it’ll make me breakfast in bed, right? ; See below to how to make easy eggs stuffed pepper recipe
- 2 bell peppers – your choice of color
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice up your vegetables of choice.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and vegetables.
- Cut peppers into equal halves. A tip: Try to buy peppers that are symmetrical and have somewhat flat sides – this makes it easier for them to balance while baking.
- Core the peppers so that they’re clean enough to add the filling.
- Pour a quarter of the egg / vegetable mix into each pepper halve, adding more vegetables to the top to fill in any empty space.
- Place on baking sheet and cook approximately 35 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy! I personally like mine with a dash of hot sauce on top.