Since my family go Paleo fell even more in love with our grill. Paleo and grill work. The past two years, I stepped outside my comfort zone grilling more. Grilling things I never thought I toasted before and try new flavor combinations. I must say I’m pretty happy with the results.
Oh yes, and? New rule: every burger recipe for the rest of the pineapple must contain grilled forever. OK, maybe more than a guideline. He is serious so delicious!
- 2 lbs Lean Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Whole Fresh Pineapple-peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Onion-sliced
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. In a bowl combine the ground beef and seasonings well and then form into patties. Grill to desired doneness.
- Grill the pineapple slices 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Top your burgers with the pineapple and onion slices.
- Wrap your burgers in the leaf lettuce and enjoy!
- I used yellow onion here, but red onion is fabulous as well. Also, if you tolerate dairy gently melting some sharp cheddar before removing your burgers from the grill. YUM.
Let me know if you try it!!!
What’s your favorite non-traditional burger topping…?????