Making the Best Low Carb Paleo shrimp fried “rice” (One of my most popular recipes healthy ever!)
If you have not tried this low in carbohydrates fried “rice”, then you have not lived. Use the cauliflower rice rather than traditional white rice.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- 2 eggs, beaten- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Melt the coconut oil and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, peas, and bell pepper to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, and then stir in the cauliflower rice. Clear a circle in the center of the pan and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Stir to scramble the eggs and then combine with the other ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.