When looking for meals that I could freeze and then slip into the crockpot, it can be hard to find things that do not have prepackaged soups or sauces that are not allowed on the 21 Day Sugar Detox I am doing. For that reason, I searched out recipes I could tweak in order to create a freezer to crockpot meal that would be Paleo and Sugar Detox friendly. This cinnamon chicken recipe was adapted from one I found on iVillage and it is not sweet tasting like you might think, it is actually pretty savory.
- 2 lb. chicken breasts (you can use legs or thighs if you prefer.)
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 Bell Peppers sliced. (I used one green and one orange.)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon Ziplock freezer bag. Make sure all the air is out before sealing shut.
- Remove the meal from the freezer the night before serving and defrost in the fridge.
- Pour contents of the bag into your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4.
Like Paleo Savory Cinnamon Slow Cooker Chicken recipe, then also you like to share this recipe with your friends..!