Paleo choc blueberry cake… officially our new favorite sweet treat! Even though we say this every second week… this time, it’s for real!
Please tell us you’ve been enjoying fresh blueberries?! They’re in season here in Australia and they’re super sweet and juicy! We just couldn’t resist the temptation to create a new blueberry paleo sweet treat recipe!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1/4 raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs. raw honey (or rice malt syrup)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight, if you don't it will still work, just won't be as smooth!)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tbs. raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cashews crushed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- 1/2 a batch of paleo chocolate (link to recipe in blog post!)
- 1 tbs. ghee or coconut oil
- Line the base of a 20 cm spring form cake tin with baking paper and grease the edges with a little coconut oil.
- Start with the base
- In a food processor (we use our Vitamix), place the walnuts, coconut and raw cacao powder. Whiz these ingredients until a fine meal forms.
- Add the coconut oil and raw honey and whiz until it becomes a choc butter.
- Once it’s all combined, press the base in to the cake tin, making sure you press it out evenly, covering the entire base.
- Place in to the freezer.
- Now for the filling
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in to the food processor along with the coconut milk, blueberries, coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract.
- Whiz until completely smooth, this will take around 5 minutes.
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the filling on top of the base.
- Shake the tin to even out the top and place the cake in to the freezer for around 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, time for the toppings! You'll need to make a 1/2 batch of paleo chocolate the place the crushed cashews, coconut sugar and ghee in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the ghee is melted and the cashews have caramelised. Transfer these on to a plate and allow to cool.
- Rub the outside of the cake tin with a hot cloth and release the spring form slowly (you may need to run a knife around the edge).
- Top the cake with fresh blueberries, caramelised cashews and drizzle with paleo chocolate!
- Cut in to slices with a hot knife and store any left overs in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.