At 426 calories per piece, muffins could be the worst choice for breakfast, as much as the prospect of health and nutrition is concerned and The excess sugar, butter, flour and salt (yes, salt) just cause sugar rush and expand the size.
They never do anything good for the body…
So how do not make healthy muffins?
Throw in some mushrooms, spinach and eggs, as in this Muffins Paleo Recipe eggs with bacon. We know you can not resist bacon.
Paleo Egg Muffins With Bacon Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 cup of spinach
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon
- 2 bunches of chives
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup onion
- Preheat oven to 350F Degrees
- Heat up skillet with 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Chop cooked bacon
- Chop onion finely
- Chop mushrooms
- Sautee onions and mushrooms until brown in skillet
- Lightly baste muffin tin with coconut oil
- Scramble eggs in a bowl
- Add chopped Chives, bacon, mushrooms and onions
- Add Salt and pepper to taste
- Place mixture into muffin tins
- Bake for 15-20 min