For those who are still trying to avoid the chocolate aisle because of the fear waistline expanding, let us tell you this: You should eat chocolates (in moderate amounts, of course). Confectionery lowers blood pressure, “bad” LDL cholesterol and the risk of diabetes, stroke and heart disease. In addition, it has anti-clotting properties and properties to thin the blood that work like aspirin, improving blood flow and circulation and sight of the eye in the process.
We know that you are happy now. Celebrate with this Paleo Chocolate Crunch recipe.
PALEO CHOCOLATE CRUNCH RECIPE
- 1 cup raw cashews , chopped
- ½ cup raw pine nuts , chopped
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups raw almonds, slivered or chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a microwave dish, mix the wet ingredients.
- Put your dish microwave in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Gently add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix, making sure everything is well mixed.
- In a cookie sheet lined with paper spread mixture evenly parchment.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes-30 minutes, making sure that the mixture does not burn.
- Once done, remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let cool. The batter should turn crisp as it is cold.
- Crumble mixture.
- You can eat dry or with coconut or almond milk.