You are seeking a healthier version of Nutella? This recipe for home made Nutella is paleo friendly and “clean” made with natural ingredients you can find in your pantry.
When I found this recipe for Homemade Nutella, I just knew who my first pot would go.
I like this recipe for home made Nutella ! It is not quite the same as the real stuff, but itis an excellent healthy alternative based on healthy food ingredients real!
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Soaking the Hazelnuts in water overnight, then drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Put the hazelnuts in a high speed mixer or food and blend until smooth, then add the salt and pulse to combine. Add the cocoa powder and coconut oil and mix to combine. If necessary Scrape pot. Add the maple syrup and mix to form a paste. If, by chance, the mixture separates, add hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, while the mixer is running to bring the mixture back together.
- Place the Nutella in a pot and store in refrigerator for two weeks. Serve with apple slices as a snack.