Bruschetta normally be the kind of things that simply could not have with Paleo. The bread would be the most important factor, and making bread Paleo friendly is not always so easy. So when you’re in the mood for something like bruschetta and bread has nothing available you have to come up with something so right.
Getting rid of this bruschetta bread recipe means you do not have to worry because we grains with zucchini instead. This provides extra vitamins, minerals and fiber, so it’s a healthier way to enjoy some of the same tastes as bruschetta provided. And not even miss the bread, with all other ingredients involved, and the only way they stacked and layered.
Marinate the chicken is key if you want this dish is as delicious as possible. Lemon juice helps to soften the chicken, while thyme and chili flakes ensure that there will be a lot of flavor throughout. The longer you marinate the better, with a minimum of thirty minutes. One trick is to make the marinade ahead of time and get the chicken in it first thing in the morning, or even overnight. That way when you are ready for the grill is ready to go.
The chicken sits on a bed of avocado sauce, essentially a guacamole that is infused with lemon juice and chili flakes. Then it is covered with a mixture of tomato salsa so it is basically covered on both sides with very good flavor. This stacking means different flavors your palate will have much to savor. You will be able to test each layer separately and when combined tastes even better.
To really bring home the taste grilled zucchini gets the grill with chicken. Roast the zucchini it gives an amazing flavor and when you add in the fact that the marinated grilled chicken is also, this is a tasty meal that can be used for lunch or dinner. It is a complete meal, with plenty of vegetables, protein and fat even healthy avocado.
This is the kind of food that I do for my friends who are not familiar with Paleo. They do not even know it’s a special meal of any kind, and if we do not talk about it, I will say it is a Paleo meal and they’ll be surprised. The misconception that it’s all about the meat Paleo and shows that have a lot of vegetables and fresh and healthy ingredients to enjoy breaks.
Because the grill is a great dish to have during the summer months, when there are plenty of grilling is doing. It is also an appropriate food for those times because the salsa and avocado sauce and zucchini are cooling keeps the light, the overall effect of more energy to go out and enjoy all the summer activities.
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 chicken fillets (each 5 oz) , pounded
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice,
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp chopped thyme
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To make the marinade, in a small glass combine the thyme, 1/8 tsp of chili flakes, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and pinch of salt.
- Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Seal the bag tightly and marinate the chicken in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Season to taste and set aside. Heat a barbecue until hot. Cut the zucchini into 1/2 ” thick lengthwise slices.
- Brush the slices with 1 tbsp of olive oil and grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the marinade, brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and make the avocado sauce.
- Place the avocado, remaining chili flakes, 1 tbsp of olive oil and remaining lemon juice in a bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Season to taste.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces. To assemble bruschetta, top zucchini slices with avocado sauce, chopped grilled chicken and tomato salsa and serve.