|Grain-Free Strawberries ‘n Cream Porridge|
Coconut flour is cheaper per pound than the gluten-free grain that I have found, and cheaper way than almond meal. Plus you also use less, so goes coconut pound of flour even longer than grain flour. I get mine from Tropical Traditions. Wait until they’re selling or shipping is free to get the best deal.
Since I’m trying to do my very best to eat only grains are properly prepared (improving digestion and nutrient blockers neutralize any) by either soaking or souring my sourdough starter, coconut flour comes in handy when I’m not well planned. I also really like the taste and texture, so sometimes choose something with coconut four grains do. I came up with the recipe the other day and thought I’d share with y’all since it’s so easy.
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice (dairy milk, coconut milk or almond milk)
- 6 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup chopped strawberries (about 4 or 5 medium berries)
- In a small saucepan whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir about 3 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Serve warm.