Chicken Meatballs: For me, midweek dinners need to meet two key criteria;
1. They need to be healthy and satisfying
2. They can’t take longer than 15 minutes to make!
I happened to create this recipe after one of my clients mentioned that they were really enjoying zucchini noodles or zoodles as I like to call them! It got me thinking, how could I recreate a healthier version of spaghetti and meatballs?
- 500g organic chicken mince
- 1 tbl cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 cups organic chicken broth or stock
- 400g tin organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cups chopped coriander
- In a bowl mix together the mince, cumin and coriander and season to taste. Roll the mince into small meatballs, about the size of golfballs. In a large saucepan pour in the stock and bring to a slight boil, then gentle place the meatballs into the stock.
- Gentle cook the meatballs, turning them over once they begin to cook and firm up. Give them a little wiggle if they begin to stick to the bottom of the frypan. Once the meatballs are cooked through, gentle pour out the remaining stock (it is fine if there is some left over, you just don’t want lots of excess liquid left in the pan). Add the tinned tomatoes and coriander to the meatballs, stir gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Spiral your zucchini noodles and place in a large bowl covering with boiling water to soften the noodles. Drain well and place in a large bowl topping with the meatballs and tomato sauce.