Stuffed sweet potatoes are a classic family dinner : they are easy to make, they are simple to use, and you can put just about anything in the stuffing. Cranberries add here a nice contrast of flavor while spinach is a great way to sneak some more vegetables in your meals.
This recipe calls for pre-cooked sweet potatoes; you can do it in a way that works for you:
Put the potatoes in the oven 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the size of your potatoes) before you plan to start cooking chicken; when you are ready to stuff them, they should be done.
Poke each potato with a fork and cook them in the microwave while you cook the remaining ingredients
Enter your ability to use some leftover sweet potatoes you another day.
If your potatoes are already warm, do not worry; recipe includes guidelines for them warm in the oven.
Even with spinach stuffing, you always want another vegetable side to make it a true Paleo meals. A quick pan fried onions would be easy to do, or just throw a big green salad and you’ll be ready to eat in no time.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 sweet potatoes, previously baked
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cups fresh cranberries
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking fat
- Preheat your oven to 375 ° F.
- Melt a little bit of cooking fat in the pan placed over medium-high heat.
- Cook the diced chicken until just cooked.
- Add cranberries for chicken and cook until tender.
- Add the spinach and nutmeg. Sauté until wilted and remove from heat spinach.
- 4 Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Slice open and divide the filling equally between them.
- Season to taste every sweet potato and cook until everything is hot (about 15 minutes).