I like to inform this dish “My little instruction that would.” it has been shared and shown on many blogs and websites for the past year currently. And the inspiration behind Dishing With Leslie. It started as a dish I usually prepare using my stove. But in the heat of summer, and wanting me to cook without heating up my kitchen, I decided to throw it in my slow cooker. the result was something quite fantastic! slow cooked chicken in a balsamic tomato sauce. BEAUTIFUL! Yes, it’s really pretty! it also happens to be incredibly delicious! as Lite and healthy…
Balsamic Chicken – Slow Cooker
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 4 – 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced (not chopped)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar *sometimes I use more
- freshly cracked black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes, *do not drain
- Pour olive in the bottom of the slow cooker. Season each chicken breast with pepper and salt and place in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with dried herbs and chopped garlic.
- Top with onion slices. Pour vinegar and top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Cook over high heat for 3-4 hours or on low for 5 to 6. Serve over angel hair. Sit back and enjoy! This is the hand one of my most favorite dishes and my best!