I love eggs and mushrooms when I found this recipe, I knew it would be a winner! It would be great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack! Having friends over? It would be perfect as an appetizer too! Enjoy !!
Baked Eggs in Portobello Mushroom Caps Recipe
- farm fresh eggs
- fresh parsley or thyme
- a little olive oil
- black pepper
- portobello mushroom caps
- slices of prosciutto
- Clean caps of portobello mushrooms with damp cloth, remove the stem and scrape the gills so that you have a deep enough well to the egg.
- Rub some olive oil on the outside of the fungus to help cook and keep it from sticking to the pan. Arrange the caps on a baking sheet.
- Place a slice of prosciutto inside the mushroom cap.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl and then carefully slide a mushroom filled with prosciutto cap.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and fresh herbs of choice – I used thyme parsley, but would be fine too. (The prosciutto is salty, so I do not recommend adding more.)
- Carefully place the pan in the preheated 190° C ( 375° F ) oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. The amount of time required depending on the thickness of your mushrooms are and how do you choose your eggs.
I hope you would like this paleo baked breakfast eggs recipe.