|Marjoram Chicken Skewers|
This quick and easy meal will please both kids and grown-ups. Chicken is marinated in a tasty mixture of marjoram, tomato and garlic and served with a side of green salad and broccoli. I used chicken tenderloins because the meat is very succulent and soft but chicken breast or pork can also be used.
Marjoram Chicken Skewers Recipe
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Number of servings: 2
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram (or freshly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 chicken tenderloins + bamboo skewers
- ghee for cooking (coconut oil or duck fat can be used instead)
- 4 cups rocket or other green leaf salad + lemon and olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 0-10 mins: Combine the dried marjoram with chopped garlic, tomato paste, olive oil, salt and pepper and dry chicken skewers fillets on bamboo sticks.
- The sticks are optional, you can simply marinate chicken strips. Set aside for for a few minutes. Place a saucepan of water to boil.
- 10-20 mins: Heat some ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet or on the grill. Cook chicken skewers or strips for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- At the same, cook broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and mix rocket salad leaves with lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Toss cooked broccoli with some butter or ghee and a little sea salt.